Friday, January 11, 2013

Rainbows and Promises--a daughter's memories

It's already the 11th of January, and would have been my Dad's 90th birthday had he been living. He passed away in August of 2004, just about a week or more before Hurricane Ivan hit the Gulf Coast region--what a mess it was, we were reeling from his death, and learning to cope without him, and all of a sudden, there were bigger problems on the horizon. Just when life seems to hand you all you can seem to stand, something or someone appears to come along and yank the rug out from under you--that's how we all have felt at one time or another--I just try to look for the good in every little thing no matter what, and this morning as I was preparing to go to work, decided I needed a little bit more pick me up than a bowl of grits--so headed towards BK first for a biscuit, and wow!! I was feeling down and sad, and looked up and there was the prettiest rainbow! Just arcing overhead! So beautiful and I thought of my Dad smiling down on me today! Just like Our Heavenly Father promises to see us thru the dark times as well as the bright times, that little rainbow seemed to beckon to me and say--hey, Sherry, it's all gonna be all right! I promised you!
If I can figure out how to post my photo on here, I'll post it for ya'll to enjoy too, and remember the promises God gives us everyday!

1 comment:

  1. Sherry, have you looked at this blog?
    http://creativebreathing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete