Monday, March 18, 2013

Wrist Cuff Bracelets

Some people have 'bucket lists' of places they want to go; or people they want to meet; or foods they want to try; or, like me, things they want to make. So, several months ago, I saw on a blog I subscribe to: wrist cuff bracelets. I thought to myself--I could do that--and since I love anything vintage, old buttons, materials, and I was into recycling--why not! My favorite places to shop include Goodwill; Flea Markets; and someone else's closet! Ha! I also checked Pinterest to see some examples, and kept thinking I was going to 'get around to it' before Christmas. That didn't happen.I also ran across all my daddy's old ties, and played around with those for cuff bracelets, and that's still a "work in progress".  Sunday afternoon, after a really good worship service at church, I pulled out all my 'goodies' to see if I could come up with something. My first one wasn't too terribly hard, simple in appearance--and thought I'd share it with you here. I already have ideas floating around in my head for future cuff bracelets--and am looking thru the closets, the drawers, the boxes for Goodwill, and everywhere in between for more shirt pockets, trims, buttons, snaps, lace tidbits, and assorted 'stuff'! Take a look and tell me what you think.
Finished wrist cuff bracelet

Work in progress showing tiny rosebud trim

before putting it together--fabric is red, with a man's shirt pocket, black lace and rosebud trim.

Now, if you have some old shirts--I'm looking for white or off-white shirts for their pockets or cuffs. Or, for that matter, any color! Also thinking about cumberbunds or old fashioned neckties--hmm.

1 comment: